Home Paternity Test
A home paternity test , which we like to call a peace of mind paternity test, yields real results once samples are processed in a lab. When you send in samples from a “home” kit, they undergo the exact same process in the lab as a court-admissible DNA paternity test. Once they arrive at our lab they are treated no differently. The ONLY differences between the two are: the way the DNA samples are collected and the purpose for which they may be used.
It’s fast and easy
- With a home paternity test, you pick up the kit from your neighborhood pharmacy or order it online
- Once you get the kit, you rub the swabs on the inside of the cheek of the child, the alleged father, and the mother (if desired)
- Place them in the sample envelopes and mail them to IDENTIGENE
- You get the results of your paternity test in just one (2) business days (1-day and same-day results are also available for an extra fee)
The DNA samples are processed in our accredited DNA paternity- testing lab and your results are guaranteed accurate. Now, you certainly could submit these results to a court. And the judge may accept them. But most courts are going to want proof of identity for each person tested.
Legal Paternity Test
A legal paternity test or court-admissible paternity test, is conducted by a third party (Collector) and not the test participants. A court requires that all test materials be handled at every stage of the testing process with a provable “chain of custody.” In other words, a disinterested third party must be in charge of collecting, handling and submitting samples.
- The DNA sample collector verifies the identities of the test participants. That proof of identity is included in the Paternity Test report, making the results admissible in court
- The Collector either witnesses participants doing their own collections or the Collector may assist as needed
- The Collector places swabs in the corresponding sample envelope for each participant
- The Collector packages and ships the swabs to the lab
- Once the samples arrive at the lab, the results come back in one (2) business days (1-day and same-day results are also available for an extra fee)
When conducted properly, a legal paternity test and a home paternity test will have the same accurate results.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter! If you have questions about paternity tests or other DNA testing services, please contact our Client Support Center at 888-404-4363, Mon-Fri from 9 AM to 6 PM Eastern Time. Our friendly, expert representatives are ready and happy to help. Get answers anytime by visiting our Help Center.