It’s that age-old problem: What do we get our dads for Father’s Day? Soap-on-a-rope, necktie, cologne? No way! You’ll figure out something. But think about this: If you’re lucky enough to have a dad who’s involved in your life, that’s a gift he gave to you, isn’t it?
As a top DNA paternity test lab, we communicate with dads every day and have a lot of respect for all the men out there who are trying to do the right thing by their kids. Being a good dad is one of the toughest (but most rewarding!) jobs there is, and unfortunately the media and society in general have not always given responsible fathers the respect they deserve. So we want to give dads the spotlight. Each person (and dad, of course) has 23 sets of chromosomes, so in honor of Father’s Day, we’re delighted to share 23 totally awesome things we love about dads.
For Father’s Day: 23 Things We Love about Dads
1. The minute his daughter’s born, he’s already worried about her future boyfriends
2. He enjoys the small things in life, like going to get an ice-cream cone
3. He has a scratchy face, but it’s magically comforting to the touch
4. He works hard to support his kids
5. When our hands were still too little to grab his, he offered two fingers to hold on to
6. He teaches us cool things, like how to scale a fish or change the oil
7. In his eyes, his kids are always the smartest and the best looking
8. Dad jokes. There’s nothing else like them
9. He has strong shoulders, and he’s willing to carry our burdens on them
10. He gives piggy-back rides and has the comfiest lap
11. He always seems to offer the perfect advice at the right time
12. He’s not self-conscious. He’ll really let go and play
13. Dad’s got our back-he’ll stick up for us
14. He protects us and would risk his life for us in a heartbeat
15. He makes us feel confident with just an approving pat on the head
16. He smells so good when he’s freshly showered
17. His hugs make all cares and troubles melt away. Instantly
18. He’ll stay up late waiting for us to get off work or back from a date
19. He remembers to lock the doors because we are precious to him
20. He’ll slip us a 10 or 20 when we’re broke (again)
21. Dads make friends with our friends. Just because
22. Genetically, he gave you half of what makes you-YOU
23. To you, he’s the most handsome, strongest, smartest man in the world
The Bottom Line about Dads on Father’s DayIf it’s possible, every child deserves to have a loving, caring dad. There are some relationships that are irreplaceable, and the father-child bond is one of them. As a dad, maybe you haven’t been as involved in your child’s life as you could be. Maybe now’s the time to change that! If you have a dad or important dad-figure in your life, be sure to tell them how great they are on Father’s Day. Really, that’s the best gift you could ever give him.
What else would you add to this list? Tell us in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter! If you have questions about paternity tests or other DNA testing services, please contact our Client Support Center at 888-404-4363, Mon-Fri from 9 AM to 6 PM Eastern Time. Our friendly, expert representatives are ready and happy to help. Get answers anytime by visiting our Help Center.
Leave a Reply