Ask just about all moms what they want for Mother’s Day and they’ll probably say: “Every day is Mother’s Day” or “I don’t need anything because I have your love!” Or something else sappy, adorable, and-well-MOM-ISH. For us kids though, that’s not enough. We need to pay tribute with flowers, mooshy cards, chocolate (YES!), or by doing the latest trend: recreating childhood photos as adults.
As a top DNA paternity test lab, we communicate with moms every day and have a lot of respect for all they do. Each person has 23 sets of chromosomes, so, in honor of Mother’s Day, we’re delighted to share 23 short-but sweet-things we love about moms.
For Mother’s Day: 23 Things We Love about Moms
1.We hated it as kids, but now we can see that the ‘spit bath’ was really an act of love.
2. How she melts into putty whenever a child remembers to say ‘please.’
3. She’ll let you have the last cookie. Always.
4. Moms do anything to help their kids-even if it means holding down three jobs.
5. She actually cares that you have clean clothes to wear.
6. She thinks everything her baby does is adorable and the best.
7. She has her own unique ‘mom smell’ that is comforting, no matter our age.
8. She cares enough to hold your hand while crossing the street.
9. She automatically sways from side to side when holding anyone’s baby, not just her own.
10. She suffers through parent-teacher conferences.
11. She suffers through carpooling with teenagers.
12. She’s kind . . . unless someone’s messing with her kid.
13. Nothing’s too icky for her to clean up.
14. She can fix anything wrong in your life with a hug.
15. She’ll make your favorite dessert. Just because.
16. Moms work hard all day yet still take time to ask about ours.
17. She laughs at your corny jokes.
18. She went to your sports games and cheered the loudest for you.
19. You can pick out the sound of her voice in a crowded room.
20. Moms use little tricks to make us eat our vegetables (because carrots make us smart).
21. Moms don’t give up on anything or anyone. They just don’t.
22. Genetically, she gave you half of what makes you-YOU.
23. To her kids, she’s the most beautiful woman in the world.
The Bottom Line about Moms
As adults, most of us get teary when we think about mom. If we’re parents ourselves, we tend to be more understanding and forgiving of how she raised us and realize she was just doing the best she could when faced with the task of bringing up a small human. In fact, we can now more fully appreciate everything she did and sacrificed for us, don’t you think? If you’re lucky enough to still have a mom who’s living and with whom you have a relationship, make sure to get in touch with her on Mother’s Day. There are no perfect moms, but we’ll never have another.
What else would you add to this list? Tell us in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter! If you have questions about paternity tests or other DNA testing services, please contact our Client Support Center at 888-404-4363, Mon-Fri from 9 AM to 6 PM Eastern Time. Our friendly, expert representatives are ready and happy to help. Get answers anytime by visiting our Help Center.