The IDENTIGENE home paternity test kit is for individuals in need of a paternity test for peace of mind; to answer their questions of paternity without going through the legal process.
Home Paternity Test Process
The home paternity test kit comes with all of the supplies needed to collect DNA samples for paternity testing, including the alleged father, the child, and the biological mother if she is available.
- The home paternity test kit allows you to collect the DNA samples yourself in your own home. Participants collect the samples (collection materials are included in the kit), fill out the paperwork, and send the samples to the laboratory for paternity testing.
- Included in the kit is an order form which is used to advise the laboratory how you would like to receive your results.
- You may receive results online using a secure login and password that you create on that order form.
- You may use the self addressed stamped envelope supplied in the kit to send the samples to the laboratory for testing, along with the processing fee.
- Once all samples arrive at the laboratory, the paternity testing process is one (1) business day. You will then have the answers needed for your peace of mind.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The home paternity test collection kit is not for those who are interested in court-admissible paternity test results, which you may need for things such as child support, child custody, or social security benefits. Read on for details about the legal test or click here.
Legal Paternity Test Process
- The legal paternity test process is different from the at-home “peace of mind” test.
- The legal paternity test collection needs to be done by a disinterested third party; this test is arranged by the laboratory completing the paternity testing for you.
- The client support team schedules your collection at an approved facility in your area.
- You then go to the collection facility and they collect the DNA from all participants, verify ID, and in most cases take photos.
- The Collector is then responsible for sending the collected samples directly to the testing facility to ensure the integrity of the samples. This is to establish a chain-of-custody in order to make the results court admissible.
If you have questions, feel free to contact our Client Support Team at 800-344-9583, M-F from 9 AM to 5:30 PM Eastern Time. You can get answers anytime online in our Help Center.