When properly performed, DNA paternity testing is 100% accurate and reliable. As a fully-accredited lab, IDENTIGENE follows the most rigorous standards and practices for DNA testing. Our carefully-controlled process ensures error-free results through the proper handling, testing, and analysis of samples.
3 WAYS YOU CAN HELP ENSURE THE MOST ACCURATE RESULTS
- Alert IDENTIGENE to the following specific conditions
There are a few rare circumstances which may require additional testing and analysis to achieve accurate results.
Before testing begins, it is the customer’s responsibility to let IDENTIGENE know if:
- possible fathers are related;
- any participant has received a blood transfusion or bone marrow transplant;
- any participant is a confirmed genetic chimera.
These rare conditions can affect the results of a paternity test and therefore we can only guarantee accuracy if such conditions are brought to the lab’s attention prior to testing.
Rest assured, even if your case includes one of these conditions, we can often use additional testing and/or analysis to conclusively determine paternity-all at no extra charge. Simply contact an IDENTIGENE representative to discuss your case details and learn how we can help.
- Confirm the identities of all participants
Identity can only be confirmed by using a legal, chain-of-custody procedure. When testing at home, it is the participant’s responsibility to:
- Carefully collect and send samples to the laboratory.
- Ensure that samples belong to each of the participants as named on the collection envelopes.
IDENTIGENE cannot be held responsible for improper or fraudulent activity on the part of participants. For an at-home test, we guarantee accurate results for the samples we are given and we accept in good faith that the names associated with those samples are correct.
If there is any doubt or question about a participant’s ability to honestly and properly collect and send their sample, use a legal paternity test (contact IDENTIGENE for help).
- Use best practices when collecting and submitting samples for at-home testing
- The best practice for at home collection is to be sure all participants serve as witnesses for each other as they collect samples and fill out paperwork.
- For added security, be sure to mail the samples together by dropping them off at the U.S. Post Office, UPS, FedEx or other secure location.
Do not mail envelopes from a participant’s home or other location where samples could easily be tampered with before being picked up by the mailing or shipping company.
As a highly-accredited DNA lab, we guarantee accurate results when all of the above criteria are met.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR IDENTIGENE TEST RESULTS MAY NOT BE ACCURATE
- You must provide a paternity test report from another accredited laboratory or other empirical evidence that our test may not have been accurate.
- Your claim must be submitted within 60 days of receiving your IDENTIGENE paternity test report. You may make this claim online or via mail.
- In response to your claim, we may offer either additional free testing or provide a refund (at our discretion).
If you have any questions about IDENTIGENE’s guaranteed accurate results or inquiries about your specific case, you are welcome to contact us directly at 800-344-9583 (M-F, 8:30AM to 5:30 PM Eastern Time).